news

Our blogs share knowledge, ideas and understanding across a wide variety of subjects as well as content from our groups and events. We welcome conscious content from many sources. If you have suggestions for topics or would like to write a post, please contact us.

• Categories

• Archives

• Be notified when new posts are published:
    Subscribe
    December 22, 2023

Letter from Judy December 2023

Dear Friends, Twelve years ago I invited a group of thoughtful friends to my home for the evening.  I have […]

Read More
    January 13, 2023

Letter from Judy January 2023

Happy New Year. We want to send you New Year Greetings and to wish you all the best for 2023 […]

Read More
    June 18, 2021

Enjoy Our Event Videos

The ConsciousCafe YouTube channel has all of this year's events listed for you to enjoy watching. One highlight from earlier […]

Read More
    May 26, 2021

An Awe Walk near Canterbury

Having read about Awe walks I was excited to go for a ConsciousCafe walk with the aim of experiencing awe and wonder […]

Read More
    October 1, 2020

First ConsciousCafe Basel

By Marianne Hartley, Leader of ConsciousCafe Basel. Hosting the first ConsciousCafe Basel was such a joy! We came together with […]

Read More
    September 24, 2020

Cycles of Time: Seeing Beyond our Current Experience

Earlier in the year Nick Haines of the Five Institute explained why the Chinese Year of the Rat would likely […]

Read More
    August 20, 2020

A Glimpse of the Future

Renowned astrologer Jessica Adams gave a remarkable online presentation to ConsciousCafe Global revealing to a large live audience from all over […]

Read More
    June 18, 2020

ConsciousCafe’s 9th Birthday Party Celebration

ConsciousCafe was launched in June 2011 in Judy Piatkus’ flat in North London with 25 people. Judy wanted to enjoy […]

Read More
    April 13, 2020

The Gift of Not Knowing

We had a small yet international participation at our Zoom conversation on Monday 6th April to share in this particular […]

Read More
    April 4, 2020

April 2020: Letter from Judy

Dear Friends, We would like to send you all our heartfelt love as we go through this very tumultuous period […]

Read More
    April 1, 2020

Love in the Time of Coronavirus

A Message from Dina Glouberman Dear Friends I find myself wanting to reach out to everyone I can during these […]

Read More
    March 12, 2020

A Brief Exploration of Spirituality

ConsciousCafe London enjoyed a lively interactive evening event presented by Jan Cisek on the topic of Spiritual Intelligence.  Jan has […]

Read More
    March 6, 2020

Reflections on Resilience

The Singapore ConsciousCafé group recently discussed the topic of  “Resilience”, which seems to be appropriate in the current situation of […]

Read More
    February 6, 2020

Taking on a Case of Mistaken Identity

Our first event of the new year for Conscious Cafe Skipton was all about one of life’s big questions: Who […]

Read More
    January 29, 2020

What is Creativity?

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do […]

Read More
    December 19, 2019

What is a life well-lived?

For others to see that you have lived well, yes there may be outward achievements and accomplishments that make you […]

Read More
    December 14, 2019

ConsciousCafe Geneva on the Road

There is a thirst for what we do.  Nowhere has it been more evident for me than around Lake Leman […]

Read More
    December 8, 2019

ConsciousCafe Newbury – We have lift-off!

Our newest ConsciousCafe group launched in Newbury on 26th November. We had a wonderful turnout with a lovely group of […]

Read More
    November 29, 2019

ConsciousCafe Leaders Retreat

Nine ConsciousCafe leaders met for a ConsciousCafe leadership retreat in Kent last weekend, generously hosted at the home of Cora […]

Read More
    November 16, 2019

A Very Brainy ConsciousCafe

Little did I know that an invitation to learn about re-wiring your brain and giving your flagging willpower a boost would resonate […]

Read More
    November 2, 2019

What Makes 'The Good Life'?

ConsciousCafe Singapore hosted a joyous and meaningful discussion recently on the topic of "The Good Life". We love how international […]

Read More
    October 5, 2019

Being Comfortable with Uncertainty: Reflections with ConsciousCafe Singapore

Uncertainty is everywhere and we cannot escape from it. We crave certainty. However, life with certainty will be predictable and […]

Read More
    September 13, 2019

An Opening into a New World

I woke up this morning and looked at the beautiful trees outside my window as if with new eyes. Something unexpected had shifted in me. I shall be much more conscious of how the seasons affect me now and I feel confident that I will achieve greater peace of mind.

Read More
    July 6, 2019

Altered States at ConsciousCafe Canterbury

ConsciousCafe Canterbury hosted a brilliant evening this week on the theme on "Altered States of Consciousness". Host Cora shares her thoughts: […]

Read More
    June 29, 2019

ConsciousCafe in the News!

"A SKIPTON-based group which sees members travel from all over the north to discuss life issues and share opinions has […]

Read More
    June 7, 2019

Compassion with ConsciousCafe Singapore

Conscious Café Singapore met recently for another interesting discussion, this time on the theme of Compassion, with special speaker Anita […]

Read More
    June 6, 2019

Recent Happenings at ConsciousCafe London: An Evening with Christa Mackinnon

Conscious Cafe London hosted what can only be described as a brilliant evening with Christa Mackinnon, psychologist and shamanic teacher. […]

Read More
    May 21, 2019

How to Feel Good about Yourself

In April we had our biggest event ever in the two-year history of Conscious Cafe Skipton. It could have been […]

Read More
    April 13, 2019

Where do we get the skills to handle modern relationships?

Relationships have changed dramatically over the decades. Back in the day most people simply got married. Few of us got […]

Read More
    April 12, 2019

ConsciousCafé London's Bestseller

The eager, smiling faces of three-dozen aspiring authors greeted ConsciousCafé London this week as we hosted our sell-out event How to […]

Read More
    April 10, 2019

Identity, Belonging and Conscious Café Singapore

Conscious Café Singapore group held its monthly meeting on 27th March 2019 to discuss the theme of “Identity and a Need […]

Read More
    March 11, 2019

Having A Sense of Belonging

Having a sense of belonging is part of being human. It’s one of our most important basic needs. Where is […]

Read More
    March 5, 2019

Reflections on Love in Singapore

On Tuesday 26th February 2019, Conscious Cafe's Singapore Group met at the cosy Reading Room to discuss the theme of […]

Read More
    February 27, 2019

All Good Vibes for Conscious Cafe Geneva

Since it's humble beginnings, Conscious Cafe Geneva's meetings have taken place at the MLC Café-Littéraire, a charming coffee-cum-bookshop in the […]

Read More
    January 28, 2019

A Conversation on Uncertainty

ConsciousCafe Canterbury held a wonderful, deep and honest conversation on the topic of uncertainty at The Conservatory, which is the […]

Read More
    January 24, 2019

2019 and Beyond – How can I be my best self?

Thank you to all those who braved the snow to come to ConsciousCafe Geneva last night. We broke a record […]

Read More
    January 7, 2019

Expectations VS Reality

ConsciousCafe London met for their first 2019 gathering to enjoy a discussion on the topic of Expectations versus Reality.As soon as we […]

Read More
    December 18, 2018

A Letter from Judy

Dear Friend, ConsciousCafe has experienced a lovely 2018, full of expansion and innovation. We started the year with thriving groups […]

Read More
    December 17, 2018

Grateful Reflections on a Year of ConsciousCafe Geneva

As ConsciousCafe Geneva ended 2018 with a Festive Finale last night I take a moment to reflect on the past […]

Read More
    December 14, 2018

Christmas Thoughts from New Forest

New Forest's 2018 Conscious Cafe came to a festive close with our annual Christmas party, featuring a lush Christmas Dinner from […]

Read More
    October 16, 2018

Your One Wild and Precious Life.

What Will You do with Your One Wild and Precious Life?* All of us are creative. At every moment we […]

Read More
    October 15, 2018

What is Mindfulness?

What a fascinating evening we had at ConsciousCafe Canterbury - and it also generated a lot of discussion both immediately […]

Read More
    July 10, 2018

Congratulations Judy Piatkus!

Congratulations to Judy Piatkus, our founder, on being the winner of Kindred Spirit magazine's Editor's Pick Award 2018. This is […]

Read More
    June 29, 2018

John Danias - Why am I writing about mindfulness?

Living in this day and age I’m finding myself increasingly interested in ways of becoming more self aware and of […]

Read More
    April 27, 2018

Becoming Homeless in an Age of Plenty

Survival is the most basic of human needs. Mikkel Juel Iversen is a film producer who runs a remarkable charity […]

Read More
    March 6, 2018

A Very Thought-Provoking London Discussion on Self-Love

Tamara Alferoff facilitated a memorable discussion at ConsciousCafe on the topic of Self-Love, on a freezing cold snowy night in […]

Read More
    January 31, 2018

Notes from ConsciousCafe Skipton

As we veer towards the end of January, we are sharing this post from our Skipton group Leader Gina Lazenby, […]

Read More
    December 15, 2017

Thank You from ConsciousCafe for a brilliant 2017

ConsciousCafe has had a brilliant 2017. In a year which has been fraught with unsettling challenges globally, it is clear […]

Read More
    September 24, 2017

ConsciousCafe Community Starts in Skipton

The ConsciousCafe Skipton community at our first event in  June I really enjoy attending ConsciousCafe events in London, often held […]

Read More
    July 31, 2017

ConsciousCafe Founder Judy is quoted in The Guardian

ConsciousCafe founder Judy Piatkus was quoted in a recent piece published in The Guardian. Sales of mind, body and spirit […]

Read More
    July 14, 2017

Living with Uncertainty – ConsciousCafe’s 6th Birthday Party and Discussion

ConsciousCafe is here to stay. Its our 6th Anniversary year and we have had amazing expansion in the last 12 […]

Read More
    June 22, 2017

Reflections on Duality

One of the saddest things about being human is that it takes the most painful events to awaken us to […]

Read More
    June 13, 2017

A Perfect Day for our Hampstead ‘Walk and Talk’

It was a beautiful English summer day when our eclectic ConsciousCafe group set off from Hampstead tube station for our […]

Read More
    April 7, 2017

Discovering the Truth about How We Live

A lively group of people gathered to enjoy a wide-ranging and thoughtful discussion on the topic of ‘What is Truth’? […]

Read More
    March 31, 2017

ConsciousCafe Launches in Geneva

There were cheers and applause at the ConsciousCafe Geneva launch last night when I announced that the evening marked the […]

Read More
    February 3, 2017

How to Ignite Your Inspiration Spark

ConsciousCafe’s London group were treated to a very inspiring evening at the end of January when Deborah Henley demonstrated how […]

Read More
    December 7, 2016

The Power of Raising the Vibration of Love

A shortened version of this blog was first posted on the site of Kindred Spirit magazine. Click to read or see […]

Read More
    November 1, 2016

What your Self Image says about you (or not)

Following our very powerful September event facilitated by Claudia Roth of Soul Luxury, when we explored the new way of […]

Read More
    November 1, 2016

Why the energy of love is important

The US election is nearing its conclusion. Whatever happens now, November 2016 will be a landmark date in history. For […]

Read More
    August 22, 2016

Wherever You Go, There You Are - the meaning of Mindfulness.

On behalf of ConsciousCafe Judy facilitated a discussion group on the topic of Beyond Mindfulness at Editorial Intelligence’s NNN Festival […]

Read More
    July 19, 2016

ConsciousCafe's 5th Birthday Party

ConsciousCafe celebrated its 5th birthday at the beginning of July with a lively party for 50 people. 6 of them had been at […]

Read More
    June 16, 2016

Illuminating the Shadow

Illuminating the Shadow Transmuting the Dark Side of the Psyche by David Furlong (2016) Read what others have said about […]

Read More
    June 9, 2016

Transformational Lessons about Leadership from Horses

Jude Jennison and Emma Taylor run The Leadership Whisperers. A training company working with CEOs and their top teams, to enable them to […]

Read More
    May 11, 2016

Street Wisdom

Last Saturday 19 of us met with three facilitators for our ConsciousCafe Street Wisdom experience. Street Wisdom is the brainchild of […]

Read More
    April 26, 2016

Discover Your True Relationship with Yourself

Mark Ballabon presented unique and thought-provoking ideas  at our ConsciousCafe event this week, Discover Your True Relationship with Yourself. Mark has […]

Read More
    April 5, 2016

Welcome to the ConsciousCafe website, from Judy

Our ConsciousCafe website marks a lovely milestone for all of us. It is five years since I sent out the […]

Read More
    February 22, 2016

Judy Piatkus talks about Conscious Cafe on Positive Living. Interview by Sara Troy

Sara Troy of Positive Living interviews our own Judy Piatkus about ConsciousCafe, how it started and where it's going, Judy's […]

Read More
    February 12, 2016

So what exactly is Conscious Leadership

Does the word conscious make you switch on or turn off? Last night I went to an interactive discussion around […]

Read More
    October 7, 2015

Synchronicity – The inner path to leadership

By Joseph Jaworski, with an introduction by Peter Senge.  A review by Caroline Pakel This is a book that has […]

Read More
    October 7, 2015

From ‘AM I?’ to “I AM”

Do you remember learning to ride a bike? I do. Mark Rogers from no. 25 taught me in our street, […]

Read More
    October 7, 2015

50 Quotes on Abundance

Abundance is a very popular word right now. Sometimes it almost seems as though the word “abundance” is a socially […]

Read More

ConsciousCafe is a not-for-profit organisation, a friendly and welcoming community, a place to live life consciously.

twitterfacebookenvelope